trapping assist. macro

Useful information about World of Warcraft Add-ons and in-game macros. Any hacks or violations of Blizzard's agreement are prohibited in this forum.
keolae
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

trapping assist. macro

Post by keolae » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:52 am

I've been using this macro for a few days now in instances for cc, and it helps me out a lot even though it doesn't work 100% of the time.

/petattack
/targetlasttarget
/cast Distracting Shot
/stopcast Auto Shot
/targetlasttarget

So what you do is target the mob you want trapped then target the mob that needs to be killed. When you click the macro it sends your pet to the one that the group is killing and then switches to the one that needs trapped, shoots DS at it, then switches back to the one everyone is killing.

Anyone have any suggestions to make it better?

Bio
Tribe Elder | Warlock Champion
Class: Warlock
Spec: Tank

Post by Bio » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:01 am

You could work it to be a focus macro, instead of last target, so that you can switch targets and not mess up your macro...

If I had access to the game to get my Banish/Seduce macro, I'd edit it to perhaps fit with this, but alas. Maintenance.
Bio Rank 3 Destruction (DPS)

Jingojango
Tribe Chieftain | Rogue Champion
Tribe Chieftain | Rogue Champion
Class: Rogue
Spec: Melee DPS

Post by Jingojango » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:38 am

I keep a backup text file of all my macros, including the macro Bio gave me for use with my lock. I also use the same macro for shackles on my priest.

/clearfocus[target=focus, dead]:[target=focus, help]
/focus[target=focus, noexists]
/stopmacro [target=focus, noexists]
/cast [target=focus] Banish

Change "Banish" to whatever spell you wish to cast

According to Bio the maco does the following:
-Clears focus if focus is dead or friendly
-Focuses on target if you have no focus
-Stops the macro if for some reason you still don't have a focus
-Casts spefcified spell on focus
Jingojango - Rank 2 Protection Warrior
Malfandango - lvl 114 Outlaw Rogue
Hexdemon - lvl 110 Holy Priest

keolae
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by keolae » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:40 pm

so if i had focus set to the mob i need to trap, could i have my actual target the one that's getting killed first and shoot distracting shot at the focus without switching between the two?

Bio
Class: Warlock
Spec: Tank

Post by Bio » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:10 pm

Yeah. If you replace Banish with DS in that macro, when you hit the macro, it'll (firstly) make whatever your target is your focus, if you don't have one, and DS it, so you use it right off to pull the guy you want to trap.

When you have a focus (so, every subsequent press of the macro), it'll just cast DS at your trapped mob without removing you from your current target (or, I assume, impacting autoshot in any way).

About the only problem is if you accidentally use the macro initially on the wrong target, because you'll have to manually /clearfocus to get it to work right again.
Bio Rank 3 Destruction (DPS)