Add-on noob question.

Useful information about World of Warcraft Add-ons and in-game macros. Any hacks or violations of Blizzard's agreement are prohibited in this forum.
Fauxpaw
General
General
Class: Druid
Spec: Ranged DPS

Add-on noob question.

Post by Fauxpaw » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:27 am

So after yesterdays patch, I started getting an error message and I think it has to do with my Titan Panel add-on.
I had to do the usual click on load out-dated add-ons to get it to work but this error pops up immediately afterwards.
The only wierd thing I noticed as I continued to play was my pet bar not always popping back up once I switched off my mount but otherwise running the old version still showed cords like I wanted it to.
Bypassing this error message still bothers me though.....

I'll post some screen shots of the error tonight when I get off of work but maybe someone has some input till then. (I know enough to be dangerous :P )

1. When you download the Titan Panel 3.1.0 current version, does this replace the old version with out any hitches? Do you download it the same way you downloaded the first version you got or is there an "update" special part of the website I need to find on curse?

2. How do you remove an add-on in case you need to start over?
Fauxpaw (Raid Main) Boomkin (Rank 0) Off-Spec: Resto (Rank )

Jingojango
Tribe Chieftain | Rogue Champion
Tribe Chieftain | Rogue Champion
Class: Rogue
Spec: Melee DPS

Post by Jingojango » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:29 am

1. It should, but I'd delete the folder from your Interface > Addons folder just in case. You never know what might get left behind.

2. See previous answer. Just delete the mod's folder and it should be gone.
Jingojango - Rank 2 Protection Warrior
Malfandango - lvl 114 Outlaw Rogue
Hexdemon - lvl 110 Holy Priest

Fauxpaw
General
General
Class: Druid
Spec: Ranged DPS

Post by Fauxpaw » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:15 am

Thanks, Chief.
Fauxpaw (Raid Main) Boomkin (Rank 0) Off-Spec: Resto (Rank )

Grundi
Grunt
Grunt

Post by Grundi » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:22 pm

As a hunter myself, I searched long and hard for a solution to the "pet bar" incident. My pet bar will not appear when i dismount, but it only happens for me when i get attacked while mounted. I finaly figured out which addon was causing this [CoolDownCount]! After trying to play w/o it, I found a tiny addon called PetBarFix on WoWInterface. It doesn't take up any memory and fixes the problem flat!

As a side note, drop Titan Panel and use FUBAR. I used titan panel for a year before finally trying fubar and I've never gone back. Fubar is easier to customize (drag&drop), PLUS Titan panel has memory leaks so it slows down your system the longer you play. And as if you needed any more convincing, Fubar is an Ace2 mod, so you can update all your addons with one flick on your wrist.
When in doubt, Feign Death!