ItemRack replacement?

Useful information about World of Warcraft Add-ons and in-game macros. Any hacks or violations of Blizzard's agreement are prohibited in this forum.
Aeneas
Tribe Chieftain
Tribe Chieftain
Class: Priest
Spec: Healing

ItemRack replacement?

Post by Aeneas » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:14 am

I think I am having problems with my ItemRack mod. Does anybody use a good mod with the same functionality (one click gear swaps, automatically equip riding crop when you get on a mount)?

EDIT: Sounds like Outfitter and ClosetGnome are similar, anyone have any experience with these?
Aeneas - Chieftain of The Tribe, Rank 1 Holy Priest
Holkar - Unranked Beastmaster Hunter

Jingojango
Tribe Chieftain | Rogue Champion
Class: Rogue
Spec: Melee DPS

Post by Jingojango » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:20 am

For a while Itemrack was a HUGE problem for me, because it kept dumping my saved sets for no reason. It even dumped them once while playing. Since JJ has around 7 different sets of gear I got frustrated and tried Outfitter.

I did not care for Outfitter very much. I didn't like the way the sets were set up. Itemrack seemed way more flexible. I soon ditched Outfitter and went back to Itemrack. I figure I would just deal with the issue. <Knocks on Wood>So far my item sets have not been dumped in a long while.
Jingojango - Rank 2 Protection Warrior
Malfandango - lvl 114 Outlaw Rogue
Hexdemon - lvl 110 Holy Priest

Space
Tribe Elder
Tribe Elder
Class: Druid

Post by Space » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:30 pm

ever since i upgraded the new itemrack (some time ago) the ONLY issue i've had is when i'm mounted and go thru a portal of some sort (i.e. flying mount going thru TB portal in Shat) after that, itemrack goes haywire (see Aeneas' issues) till its re-loaded

High Warlord Astral
High Warlord
High Warlord
Location: At your house, in Tel'aran'rhiod, going through your stuff

Post by High Warlord Astral » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:01 pm

try Wardrobe?
Image 120 Windwalker (Rank 2)- Astralwalker
Astralite - 120 Feral High Warlord | Astrall - 120 Fire Mage | Lartsa - 110 Warlock
Seikitai - 100 Rogue | Necropanzer - 110 Deathknight | Alacard - 110 Hunter | Astroll - 100 Shadow Priest
"We don't stop playing video games when we grow older; we grow older when we stop playing video games."

Aeneas
Tribe Chieftain
Tribe Chieftain

Post by Aeneas » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:14 am

I have Outfitter installed now, and other than the stupid default set that you can't get rid of, it works really nicely. (It's been taken over by a new developer recently, so it might be more functional than when JJ tried it.) Also, since I'm steadfastly against giving up Titan for FuBar, the Titan Panel plugin makes swapping sets super-easy.

I agree though, the interface is like pockmarked ass when compared to ItemRack.

Astral, do you have a link to Wardrobe (esp. if it has a better UI)?

Hirn
Warlord
Warlord
Class: Hunter
Spec: Ranged DPS

Post by Hirn » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:43 pm

Holkar,

I believe this can be downloaded off of the Ace Download page found here(it's alphabetical):

http://files.wowace.com/
Glockwork Level 110 BM DPS Rank 1 (Main)
Hirn Level 110 Feral/Guardian Druid
Wokman Level 110 Windwalker Monk
Unruhe Level 103 Enhancement Shaman

High Warlord Astral
High Warlord
High Warlord
Location: At your house, in Tel'aran'rhiod, going through your stuff

Post by High Warlord Astral » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:57 pm

Wardrobe

Hmm, hasn't been updated in 10 months, maybe that's why I switched to Itemrack
Image 120 Windwalker (Rank 2)- Astralwalker
Astralite - 120 Feral High Warlord | Astrall - 120 Fire Mage | Lartsa - 110 Warlock
Seikitai - 100 Rogue | Necropanzer - 110 Deathknight | Alacard - 110 Hunter | Astroll - 100 Shadow Priest
"We don't stop playing video games when we grow older; we grow older when we stop playing video games."

Karavanth
High Warlord
High Warlord
Class: Monk

Re: ItemRack replacement?

Post by Karavanth » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:21 am

I'm starting to deal with multiple gear sets as well, and thought I feel out what you guys felt was the best outfit-switcher (I guess that's a word now). It sounds like ItemRack is the reluctantly preferred choice. After reading this thread, I have to ask- what do you mean by item dumps? Does it forget settings, or does the gear just disappear??? :shock:

Ulak
Warlord
Warlord
Class: Warlock
Spec: Tank

Post by Ulak » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:08 am

Karavanth wrote:I'm starting to deal with multiple gear sets as well, and thought I feel out what you guys felt was the best outfit-switcher (I guess that's a word now). It sounds like ItemRack is the reluctantly preferred choice. After reading this thread, I have to ask- what do you mean by item dumps? Does it forget settings, or does the gear just disappear??? :shock:

It will drop your saved sets at random times.
Cheruk - Stabby Stabber
Ulak - Will get a new rank at some point!
Olak - No Rank beast handler!
A fighter knows how to use a weapon, A Warrior knows when to use a weapon.

Cefro
Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Class: Mage
Spec: Ranged DPS

Post by Cefro » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:30 am

Outfitter is being developed again and works beautifully. Set up your outfits. Bind them to keys or events and never worry about it. It figures out combat and even stacks appropriately (i.e. if you have in-town and a riding outfit, it'll do both). Me likey.
Anoelle - Rank 1 (with scorn) El Amoladora de la Facción® Achievement Whore.
Nyrien - Indestructible Scribe
Cefro - Huntard/Gathetard. A slut. Pure and simple.
Reanor - 28,000 alliance dead, and counting
Fosanchie - Leather dumping ground
Harasho - Priest Poser

Jingojango

Post by Jingojango » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:37 am

Itemrack was really bothering me for some time. It was dropping my sets left and right and I could not figure out why. It was so frustrating I tried Outfitter.

I didn't care for Outfiiter at all. It didn't have the simplicity and flexibility I felt I had with Itemrack. Despite all the problem Itemrack was causing I switched back.

Luckily I have not have the set droppage problems with Itemrack since then.

Karavanth
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Karavanth » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:16 pm

I appreciate the replies. From what I'm hearing, I'll try out Outfitter (to avoid annoying dropped settings), and if I feel like the interface is too obtuse (or let's face it- if I'm too obtuse for the interface :oops: ) I'll swap out to Itemrack and deal with the consequences. Normally I'm all for straight-up user-friendly interfaces on the general principle that it really irritates me when a programmer feels like you should learn a new language to use their program. I guess bugs irritate me more!

What sort of bags are you carrying if JJ is holding seven sets of gear on top of everything else??? <Bottomless Satchel of the Almighty>? :mrgreen:

Jingojango

Post by Jingojango » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:48 pm

Karavanth wrote:I appreciate the replies. From what I'm hearing, I'll try out Outfitter (to avoid annoying dropped settings), and if I feel like the interface is too obtuse (or let's face it- if I'm too obtuse for the interface :oops: ) I'll swap out to Itemrack and deal with the consequences. Normally I'm all for straight-up user-friendly interfaces on the general principle that it really irritates me when a programmer feels like you should learn a new language to use their program. I guess bugs irritate me more!

What sort of bags are you carrying if JJ is holding seven sets of gear on top of everything else??? <Bottomless Satchel of the Almighty>? :mrgreen:
First off I apologize, I didn't realize I already replied to this post once with pretty much the same response. I guess the only thing new is that Itemrack has been fine since the problem.

As for your question regarding my bags, I use [Ayup's Sack].... that is all.

Aeneas
Tribe Chieftain
Tribe Chieftain

Post by Aeneas » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:52 pm

Since we're repeating replies :) , you may find that Outfitter's interface is now much improved. I still use Outfitter, and it's being actively developed, so it gets a little better each release to the point where I don't miss anything about ItemRack anymore.

Karavanth
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Karavanth » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:56 pm

Jingojango wrote: As for your question regarding my bags, I use [Ayup's Sack].... that is all.
An epic sack for all, I'm sure. :mrgreen:

I'm grabbing Outfitter now, sounds like a deal!