Sab's New UI stuff for Sal

Useful information about World of Warcraft Add-ons and in-game macros. Any hacks or violations of Blizzard's agreement are prohibited in this forum.
Saberella
Tribe Elder | Shaman Champion
Class: Shaman
Spec: Melee DPS

Sab's New UI stuff for Sal

Post by Saberella » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:50 am

So I told a few people that I was really liking VuhDo and how I had things set up, said people wanted screenshots, so here are screen shots.

I made things pink intentionally, you can make it any color you want :P

Random, but worth noting that only the first picture shows my default action bar. The others show the shift modifier because of shift+cmd+3 to take a screen shot lol.

So the UI as well as raid frames are new- I'm now using LUI and VuhDo. Both required a ton of time to get them the way I wanted them, and I'm still not totally happy (I hate the current buff frames, but Elkano's Buff Bars kept giving me serious errors and problems) I have a Razer Naga, hence the bar setup. Most things can be hidden away at one point or another. There's also a nice little 'NPC' frame on the side- that lists any/all friendly and non friendly NPCs in a given encounter.

So first up is just showing everyone in range with a ready check going. I set it up so that in a 5 man group, the party is in the center of my screen, and it expands outwards in both directions as the raid increases in size (so it's always relatively symmetrical). I have the designated tanks on their own tab and removed from their group when in a raid (which is what leads to odd sizes).

Yes, I zoom out a lot lol. Gotta see all of the things.

So right now all my raid warnings are in the middle and I hate it, that's not intentional. I just keep forgetting to move them until it's the middle of a busy fight and they're blocking my cast bar. My cast bar isn't showing in any of the photos- it's directly above the raid frames in the center. I use Quartz for that. It is also pink.

So when people are out of range, they're slightly faded out (but not too much). If I hover over them, a nice handy arrow appears and tells me the direction they're in if I need to move to them for healing (as seen above). I have the frames showing only my buffs- so it displays Earth Shield (mine and other shamans), my riptides (with a countdown), tidal waves on my icon (with a countdown), makes my frame white if I lack water shield. Turns the entire bar purple (rather than green/yellow/red) if there's a debuff I can cure. It will also show an icon for debuffs on the player that are particularly important. I'll try and take a picture on Council tomorrow- they'll change colors for that fight as you would expect.

I don't have any photos showing super low health, but the colors of the bars change color as the health pool decreases. It goes from bright green through yellow down to red for almost dead. So it gives a quick visual look at the health of the raid without staring at percentages.

You can set it up to use click casting, though I have it set up for mouseover casting. I also went and made it more ez mode and enabled the smart casting abilities- when there's significant raid wide damage going on, a number will pop up in the bottom right corner telling me how many other targets an aoe heal will hit (healing rain in particular but helpful for chain heal). It will also show an icon for chain heal for the optimum target to cast it on- though not always, usually just in severe damage 4+ people situations.

I think it's worth noting that this is my setup, which certainly isn't for everyone. It's no where near this out of the box. It's insanely customizable if you've never used it before and honestly almost overwhelming- I changed the layouts, locations, color schemes, fonts, what the bars show, what position each icon appears in, etc. So you can use this to see a bit of what it's capable of, and do your own thing with it. There's a lot of online tutorials for various healing classes- my druid was a bit more complicated because of all of the things on the frames.

So feel free to ask any questions :)
Saberella
Shaman Champion
Rank 1 Enhancement (Main)
Rank 1 Restoration

Chad: Choyo, Rank 1 Mistweaver

Karavanth
High Warlord
High Warlord
Class: Monk

Re: Sab's New UI stuff for Sal

Post by Karavanth » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:36 am

Deliciously clean!! It's amazing how much work it takes, but how wonderful it is to get so much screen back!!!

Cristalia
Tribe Chieftess | Priest Champion
Class: Priest
Spec: Healing

Post by Cristalia » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:42 am

Yes, thank you. New comp means new EVERYTHING! Soon! :)
Cristalia - Chieftess and Priest Champion

Jesidan Rank 3 Vengeance (Tank MS), Rank 3 Havoc (DPS OS)

Salamander
Tribe Elder | Monk Champion
Tribe Elder | Monk Champion

Post by Salamander » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:51 am

Goodness! That is a rather complete UI overhaul -- looks like setup could fill a weekend! I'll look into the pieces and see what I can put in piecemeal in case I don't have a whole weekend for it.

Thanks, Sabs! (questions will probably be forthcoming once I start working on the thing)
Starcaller Salivois - Rank 3 Hunter of Hunters
Sa-luo Dragonwine ---- Salamander - Thrall's Pal ---- Misty Saltfuse - Landbound Pirate
Tian-ren Summerplow - Fighting Farmhand ---- Salkra of the Frostwolves - The Recurring Orc ---- Cloudwalker - Bovine of Life
Sunwalker Salish - Ol' Sparklekodo ---- Winterdeep - Kingslayer ---- Amarant - Benchwarmer

Saberella

Post by Saberella » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:51 pm

Hah, it honesty did take like a weekend. I'm happy to walk anyone through a lot of my learning curve too ;)

If you want something kind of like the VuhDo setup, I am able to share my settings apparently- I haven't tried it yet though. If you wanted something similar or a starting point.
Saberella
Shaman Champion
Rank 1 Restoration

Ziriuso

Post by Ziriuso » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:58 pm

man i ditched most of my addons awhile back other than like bartender and a few others. Now this is making me want to go back and build a new ui. Which really should do since I am not doing caster stuff anymore.

Saberella

Post by Saberella » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:22 pm

I think another random thing worth noting is for me personally when healing, I really like having the raid frames right there. My keybindings are basically memorized, but having the raid frames very close to my character means my attention is in the center of my screen vs. off on the side- which helps with environmental factors and positioning. When I'm already basically staring at my characters butt, I tend to notice slightly faster when there's bad things around me.

Now I'm going to log in and move the DMB timers while I'm thinking about it.

Also if anyone has any good suggestions for buff bars, I'm all ears. I really really loved Elkano's- I'll have to dig up an older photo of my former UI. My biggest thing is seeing the time, which this does- but I hate just having the icon. Previously I had them all on bars and the entire name written out.
Saberella
Shaman Champion
Rank 1 Restoration

Cristalia
Class: Priest

Post by Cristalia » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:50 pm

Like Tidyplates? I love Tidyplates. Sal taught me about Tidyplates. They're great.
Cristalia - Chieftess and Priest Champion

Jesidan Rank 3 Vengeance (Tank MS), Rank 3 Havoc (DPS OS)

Kinslayerr
Tribe Elder | Death Knight Champion
Tribe Elder | Death Knight Champion
Class: Death Knight

Post by Kinslayerr » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:55 pm

Cristalia wrote:Like Tidyplates? I love Tidyplates. Sal taught me about Tidyplates. They're great.
And tidy?
"Kneel to the Lord Dragon, or you will be knelt."

Kinslayerr - Melting faces since before it was cool.
~ Rank 2 DPS (MS) -- Rank 2 Disc Heals (OS) ~

Felluriann - You are not wise enough to fear me as I should be feared...
~ DPS (MS) -- Tank (OS) ~

Moghedienn - Death Knight Champion
~ Tank (MS) -- DPS (OS) ~

Bio
Tribe Elder | Warlock Champion
Tribe Elder | Warlock Champion
Class: Warlock
Spec: Tank

Post by Bio » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:36 pm

I'm resisting the urge to overhaul my UI until Legion comes out. I understand there to be a good number of improvements to the base UI, and I'm functional and lazy enough to leave things be for now.

That said, if you have any sort of multiDoT capability or health-percent-activated ability and don't have tidyplates you should probably get tidyplates. It's great.
Bio Rank 3 Destruction (DPS)

Karavanth
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Karavanth » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:53 am

:plus1 To Tidy Plates. Neat (obviously) but very communicative.

Moux
Champion
Champion

Post by Moux » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:52 am

And here I am still just using the default UI + ChocolateBar/Combuctor. :P
Moux Rank 1 Enhancement
Feux Mage
Luxx Priest
Doux Hunter
Leow Druid

Karavanth
High Warlord
High Warlord

Post by Karavanth » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:53 am

Moux wrote:And here I am still just using the default UI + ChocolateBar/Combuctor. :P
I could see how that could do it so nicely, though. ChocolateBar is such a lovely amount of info in such a teensy, organized space.

Omniel
Tribe Chieftain | Druid Champion
Tribe Chieftain | Druid Champion
Class: Druid
Spec: Tank

Post by Omniel » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:27 am

Thanks for this - will be looking into a new UI and I just did a clean install of Wow on new PC. Much to ponder... :headbang:
Omniel, Rank 3 Guardian

Zezu
Tribe Edler | Paladin Champion
Tribe Edler | Paladin Champion
Class: Paladin

Post by Zezu » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:00 pm

Sounds like a bunch of people got or are getting new computers. What did you guys get? Build it yourself or buy a prebuilt?
~ Zezu | Paladin Class Champion | Rank 3 Holy (Main) - Rank 3 Protection (Off) ~ Rank 3 Retribution (Off) ~
Worthington #1829