@cris: new UI

Useful information about World of Warcraft Add-ons and in-game macros. Any hacks or violations of Blizzard's agreement are prohibited in this forum.
Kinslayerr
Tribe Elder | Death Knight Champion
Class: Death Knight

@cris: new UI

Post by Kinslayerr » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:59 am

"Kneel to the Lord Dragon, or you will be knelt."

Kinslayerr - Melting faces since before it was cool.
~ Rank 2 DPS (MS) -- Rank 2 Disc Heals (OS) ~

Felluriann - You are not wise enough to fear me as I should be feared...
~ DPS (MS) -- Tank (OS) ~

Moghedienn - Death Knight Champion
~ Tank (MS) -- DPS (OS) ~

Spellbinder
Warlord
Warlord
Class: Mage
Spec: Ranged DPS

Re: @cris: new UI

Post by Spellbinder » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:03 pm

nice UI...work on tailoring much? :roll:
Spellbinder lvl 107 undead frost Mage (725 tailoring +725 enchanting)
Issana-lvl 100 orc elemental shaman (700 herb + 700 inscription)
Goat-lvl 100 undead holy priest (700 alchemy +700 tailoring)
Morkfromorc- lvl 100 Orc affliction warlock(700 tailoring+ 700 enchanting)
Perturbed-lvl 100 Orc hunter
Cowntchocula-lvl 101 cow resto druid(700 mining+700 herb)
Firstblood-lvl 110 BE Rogue (730 leather + 800 skinning)
Monkebusines- lvl 100 panda Monk
Urinetrouble-lvl 100 Ret BE Pally
Nugator-lvl 100- Orc fury Warrior

Kinslayerr

Post by Kinslayerr » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:56 pm

Ugh. Yes. Need SO much frostweave, and they nerfed the everloving shyte out of all the usual farm spots. Know a good one that works nowadays?

Bloodzugg

Post by Bloodzugg » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:09 am

Kins,

Do you have a list of addons and a guide you used to develop this? I tried to pick up a few addons to help me customize mine, but I custom pooped all over my screen. I can't figure out how to get things to layout as cleanly as you have it.

Kinslayerr

Post by Kinslayerr » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:03 pm

I will try to breakdown my addons for you Blood, and anyone else interested. I put a * next to the ones that you may not see in my screenshot.

Dominos - This is what I use for my Action bars. Its highly configurable, and super easy to use. Highly recommended.

ButtonFacade - This addon is awesome. Lets you cutomize the look of your action bar buttons a LOT. You can download different skin packs as well, theres a lot of options to make your action bars look pretty well exactly as awesome as you want. The link is to the core addon that you will need, after that you can download the skins by searching for buttonFacade on curse. You will see em ;)

Chatter - Simple addon that lets you customize your chat window a little more. Theres a few of em out there, but this is my choice. I like how simple it is :p

Sexy Map - Some cool map enhancements. Not the simplest of mods if you want to really customize it, but its got a few basic preset designs that you can choose, so you don't have to tinker much to get a look you like. My favourite thing about it is really just the ability to hide your minimap buttons until you mouse over your map. If you couldnt tell, I like things to look uncluttered.

Satrina Buff Frames - Highly customizable buff/debuff frames. Be warned that if you want to customize it away from the default setting its not very user-friendly, and if you tinker too much it kinda breaks and you lose the ability to do things like right click to remove a buff. Still awesome, but I'm trying to find a replacement and will post here if I find a good one.

Sunn Viewport art - Awesome mod that allows you to put a graphic of sorts at the bottom, top, and/or sides of your screen. Theres tons of different addon skin packs you can download to find that perfect graphic to put your button bars and what-not over. It also allows you to modify the actual viewport of the game, so that if you have a hefty chunk of graphic at the bottom of your screen, you can change the area WoW displays your game (stuff thats not the UI) so that your UI doesnt overlap the view, essentially moving your UI outside the play-area. Its hard to describe, but if you don't understand, just play around with it, its not too complex. Oh, and the link is to the core addon, search for sunn in curse to find all the different skin packs.

x-Perl Unit Frames - Highly customizable unit frames mod. Although they have a basic skin you have to use, you can customize the crap out of a lot of things. I had to, cause I don't like some of the stuff that is enabled by default, but you can tinker til you get what you like. Pretty easy (though a little intimidating at first, if youre not used to mods) interface to use, just takes a little time. Has cast-bars built in for you, your target, targets-target (I think), and party.

*Smart Res 2 - Handy mod that I think anyone who can res should have. Does nothing but displays who is ressing who in your raid. Saves on things like 4 people dying, and every healer happens to pick the same person to res. Also removes the need to have macros displaying in raid chat who youre rezzing, cause everyone who has the mod can see. Just pops op in a little window wherever you want it. Handy tool, though honestly it only saves a little time.

*e-align - Handy tool for aligning UI elements perfectly. Simply type /align to toggle on and off a grid on your screen.

*Mik Scrolling Battle Text - Highly customizable combat text. You don't see it in the screenshot I posted, but I've been using it for years and have grown to really like it. Be warned though, it can take some serious time to get it to look just the way you like, if you don't like the default setting. If you're like me and like to invest far too much time tinkering with mods to get things to look just right, and totally unique, this ones perfect.

*Addon Control Panel - Just a handy mod to allow you to access your list of addons to enable / disable them without having to log out. Menu is accessible from the game menu when you hit escape.

*NPC Scan - Handy mod that just sits quietly in the background of the game until you near an area with a rare spawn up. Then it makes a sound and flashes on your screen with a window showing the rare mob, which you can click to target said mob.

*Omen Threat Meter - Your basic threat meter. This is a requirement for raiding, so everyone should have this already.

*Recount - Your basic damage meter. Also tracks healing, overhealing, deaths etc.

Bloodzugg

Post by Bloodzugg » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:37 am

Thanks Kins. I will take a look and what you posted. I have some, but switching from one mod to the next only caused what was originally a programming barf on my screen into a full blown upheaval. I really liked how clean your layout is compared to alot of clutter in mine. At one point, I had something blocking me from clicking anything that was in the center of my screen covering a whole 3x3 in square...sucked for doing alot of farming or looting.