UI Mod

Useful information about World of Warcraft Add-ons and in-game macros. Any hacks or violations of Blizzard's agreement are prohibited in this forum.
Tumulus
Champion
Champion
Class: Warrior
Spec: Melee DPS

UI Mod

Post by Tumulus » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:01 am

I've been looking around this morning for UI mods and haven't found anything I like to much. I've noticed that they mod that the guys at tank spot use looks pretty good but have no idea what it is. I've been using the base UI with not much else in the way of mods up to this point. Tried using Spartan a minute ago and about threw up. Didn't much like it. I was just hoping for some suggestions from you guys =) What you use, why ya like it, that kind of thing. Thanks!
necrotums Rank 1 Frost
BATTLE TAG: TUMS#1675

Kinslayerr
Tribe Elder | Death Knight Champion
Tribe Elder | Death Knight Champion
Class: Death Knight

Re: UI Mod

Post by Kinslayerr » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:33 am

I.. use SpartanUI. lol

After a little tweaking and customizing, I found it to be awesome. Only thing I cant figure out is that since installing it, it for some reason wont let me track quests. Which is a little frustrating but not the end of the world :p

Heres a Pic of us in Naxx last night:

Other addons
Grid
Titan Panel
Recount
Sexymap

(Scaled down to 800x600 cause it was cropping the side of it out)
"Kneel to the Lord Dragon, or you will be knelt."

Kinslayerr - Melting faces since before it was cool.
~ Rank 2 DPS (MS) -- Rank 2 Disc Heals (OS) ~

Felluriann - You are not wise enough to fear me as I should be feared...
~ DPS (MS) -- Tank (OS) ~

Moghedienn - Death Knight Champion
~ Tank (MS) -- DPS (OS) ~

Cristalia
Tribe Chieftess | Priest Champion
Tribe Chieftess | Priest Champion
Class: Priest
Spec: Healing

Post by Cristalia » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:08 pm

Holy hell! You actually see stuff! :shock:
Cristalia - Chieftess and Priest Champion

Jesidan Rank 3 Vengeance (Tank MS), Rank 3 Havoc (DPS OS)

Aeneas
Tribe Chieftain
Tribe Chieftain
Class: Priest
Spec: Healing

Post by Aeneas » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:50 pm

Kinslayerr wrote:I.. use SpartanUI. lol

After a little tweaking and customizing, I found it to be awesome. Only thing I cant figure out is that since installing it, it for some reason wont let me track quests. Which is a little frustrating but not the end of the world :p
Quest tracking always shows up below your minimap. You have your minimap at the bottom of the screen, thus no (visible) quest tracking.

From a UI perspective, I use AGUF as my custom unit frames (unit frames are used to display you, your pets, your party members, your raid members, your target, etc.) but some people strongly prefer Pitbull. I am wavering back and forth on whether or not to use Grid for my raid unit frames, as Kins has shown. I also use Dominos to customize my button bars, and I can't imagine there being a better mod for it.

Of course I use a bunch of other mods too, (DBM, Omen, Outfitter, Pawn, Recount, SellFish, and TitanPanel mainly) but those are not exactly UI and more utility mods.
Aeneas - Chieftain of The Tribe, Rank 1 Holy Priest
Holkar - Unranked Beastmaster Hunter