Add-Ons Recomendations

Useful information about World of Warcraft Add-ons and in-game macros. Any hacks or violations of Blizzard's agreement are prohibited in this forum.
Letnot
n00b
n00b
Class: Warrior
Spec: Tank

Add-Ons Recomendations

Post by Letnot » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:44 pm

Folks,

I'm something of an addon nut. I've got, well, hundreds of addons that I use or at least have used. That said, I'm not posing to encourage other nuts out there, but I did want to share a few of the gems that I've seen:
  • ACP - Something of a lifeblood to mucking with addons in game. Gives you an escape menu that will open the addons screen and allow you to save sets (such as disabling decursive and healbot on your warrior).
  • ArkInventory - Sam introduced me to this one. Overhauls your inventory, allows you to view other characters, create rules for where items "show up" in you bag, etc. Think of bagon on crack.
  • Atlas, AtlasQuest, & AtlasLoot - Does anyone not have these installed? Simply put, shows you maps of the all of the instances, objectives, related quests, and what loot you can get out of them. In AtlasLoot lets you look up faction rewards and basically allows you to drool over all the stuff you don't have yet.
  • Bejeweled - Makes flights fun again! I do recommend "report skillups to guild" since that'll get annoying fast. Otherwise you're adding crack to crack. It's awesome.
  • BigWigs & Littlewigs - Boss cooldown and warning trackers for all (well, most) of the bosses in the game. Lost to love here. (Thanks Sam!)
  • Chatter, Clearfont2, & ErrorRedirect2 - Lets you take over how your chat looks feels and does. Very nice for cleaning things up and giving you a clean chat window to look at.
  • DoTimer - Fantastic buff viewer. Allows you to see what buff's you've got on everything. Also, you can move them, adjust the detail and achor them wherever you'd like. Very nice for tracking DK plagues and the like.
  • DrDamage - Gives you an idea of the average damages, crit percentages, etc based on your real combat data.
  • Gatherer, Gathermate, & GathererDB_Wowhead - I know some folks are already using this... but basically this downloads the wowhead database of gatherable items and adds them to your map as well as a HUD. Personally I'm not a fan of the HUD, but regardless, very very nice.
  • Lightheaded - Ever had issues figuring out that step you forgot? Although the comments are user generated, they tend to be reasonably helpful. At the time of this posting it includes 57,586 comments for 7,974 quests. Need I say more.
  • nQuestlog - A very clean quest tracker. Integrates with Fubar.
  • Omen - Threat tracker of doom. Keeps track of who's got aggro and aggro per second. (Thanks Sam!)
  • OminCC - Adds a countdown timer to the action bars. Simple, works great, less filling.
  • RatingBuster - Breaks down what the stats on equipment really mean to your character.
  • Recount - A fantastic DPS tracker.
  • Talented - An awesome talent tree replacement tool. Allows you to import talents from wowhead and the like, view them, apply them and track your future progress.
Any other "must have!" addons that I missed?

- 1-17 - added BigWigs, LittleWigs, Omen, & Recount
- 1-16 - created thread
Last edited by Letnot on Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Letnot - Unholy Tank - Enchanting

"I guess we were all guilty, in a way. We all shot him, we all skinned him, and we all got a complimentary bumper sticker that said: I helped skin Bob." - Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy

Deadnot - Napping Priest - Tailoring
Illindar - Beastly Hunter - Mining/Engineering
Ponance - Demonic Bume - Gathering Slave

Sam
High Warlord
High Warlord
Class: Paladin

Re: Add-Ons Recomendations

Post by Sam » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:34 pm

Omen: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... meter.aspx

BigWigs: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... -wigs.aspx
There are also bigwigs modules to add on that do the northrend and earlier instance bosses and such.
Sam
Caralyn - Blood Knight
----- Other Avatars -----
Silday - Warlock || Samadia - Mage || Caring - Priest || Samay - Rogue || Albero - Druid || Carnor - Hunter || Grumfiel - Shaman

The past is history, the future is a mystery and today is a gift. That is why we call it the present.

Karavanth
High Warlord
High Warlord
Class: Monk
Spec: Melee DPS

Post by Karavanth » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:29 pm

Good god, Illindar, thank you!

(Earlier on /g I asked about debuff timer addons, which started this guy chatting up all the addons he was familiar with- this is like the distillation of that wisdom!)

Letnot
n00b
n00b
Class: Warrior

Post by Letnot » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:43 pm

My pleasure Karavanth. Helps me keep track of all this mess anyway. And if someone else finds it useful /win.

Updated the with Sam's additions.
Letnot - Unholy Tank - Enchanting

"I guess we were all guilty, in a way. We all shot him, we all skinned him, and we all got a complimentary bumper sticker that said: I helped skin Bob." - Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy

Deadnot - Napping Priest - Tailoring
Illindar - Beastly Hunter - Mining/Engineering
Ponance - Demonic Bume - Gathering Slave