I need Macro help

Useful information about World of Warcraft Add-ons and in-game macros. Any hacks or violations of Blizzard's agreement are prohibited in this forum.
Satacan

I need Macro help

Post by Satacan » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:31 am

I have an idea for a macro that I want to set up when I finally get the last of the three totems that boost my respective healing spells. The idea is that I would have a macro (or a series of them) that whenever I click on a healing spell it would equip the totem that corresponds to the spell. For example, I click on my chain heal spell and it would equip the totem of healing rains that supplements the chain heal spell. Now I have no idea if this could even work or if it does work if it would hamper my healing in any way. Its just something that I would like to experiment with.

Bio
Tribe Elder | Warlock Champion
Tribe Elder | Warlock Champion
Class: Warlock
Spec: Tank

Re: I need Macro help

Post by Bio » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:57 pm

Does changing totems incur the GCD of equipment changes? If it does, and I'm assuming it does, then this isn't workable at all.
Bio Rank 3 Destruction (DPS)

keolae
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by keolae » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:58 pm

ya, if it does trigger the GCD it would make a big impact on your healing. you would end up clicking the macro to change totems then waiting, then click it again to heal. cool idea but prolly not something you would want to do. unfortunatly blizzard has a lot of restrictions on what you can and can't do.

Brockal
Legionnaire
Legionnaire
Class: Hunter
Spec: Ranged DPS

Post by Brockal » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:06 pm

Only thing I can think of is a cast sequence. They you just spam it. The first click will place the totem, and after GCD is up, it will cast the spell.
Brockal - Rank 2 Survival Huntard Extraordinaire / Alt Marksmanship (Raid Main)
Garnsteer - Tree (Alt)

Satacan

Post by Satacan » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:15 pm

Well there goes that idea.